Pages

DJ/Radio Producer-turned-Lawyer attempts to dress like a grown-up. Sometimes I comically fail. And I occasionally post fun stuff, like music videos, book-club reviews, or photos of beauty or oddity.
FYI: I was doing this entire blog from my Android phone, snatching moments out of my busy life for quick photos. But I hate auto-correct with a purple passion, so now I'm using the computer for most of the work. I am still using my phone for the photos, though. My photo sizes may be erratic, and the quality isn't stellar. I am not a professional blogger, and do not have time for lots of scenic poses with a great camera. I don't even own a great camera! However, I DO appreciate your continued feedback, even in the absence of photographic artistry.

Friday, December 26, 2014

Merry (belated) Christmas!

After Stinky left for his mom's place, Hubby and I settled in for out traditional Christmas Eve viewing of "It's a Wonderful Life" while chugging eggnog:

 photo PSX_20141224_190203_zps4qmcuq5n.jpg

I also had to repair my broken "Hope"... a metaphor for my life lately:

 photo PSX_20141225_024336_zpsr98xpkm7.jpg

The wreath has seen better days, but I made it for the first Christmas that Hubby and I were actually together. So I'm sentimentally attached. A boost to my "Hope" for the coming year is that a friend surprised us by bringing over a gorgeous Christmas dinner:

 photo PSX_20141225_023125_zpsybusz05w.jpg

And a few folks still sent out cards. We didn't send any this year, as the postage is a bit more than we can handle at the moment. And I'm think we aren't the only ones, as there are typically more cards. Again, here's hoping next year is better for everyone!

 photo PSX_20141225_023503_zpsbhz5elrm.jpg

One of my favorite things is to mix the homemade and gifted ornaments with my fancy stuff... I adore the effect:

 photo PSX_20141225_023215_zpszgk8dt2g.jpg

I do want to figure out a way to light up the star, though:

 photo PSX_20141225_023806_zpskkfusxrv.jpg

Before he left, we hung Stinky's stocking by the Netflix version of the Yule Log. The Christmas music was lovely, not overbearing... just perfect!

 photo 20141224_173249_zpsd9wi5sk2.jpg

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and that you have a Happy Kwanzaa. If I missed your holiday, I apologize... and extend my best wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment