Pages

DJ/Radio Producer-turned-Lawyer attempts to dress like a grown-up. Sometimes I comically fail. And I occasionally post fun stuff, like music videos, book-club reviews, or photos of beauty or oddity.
FYI: I was doing this entire blog from my Android phone, snatching moments out of my busy life for quick photos. But I hate auto-correct with a purple passion, so now I'm using the computer for most of the work. I am still using my phone for the photos, though. My photo sizes may be erratic, and the quality isn't stellar. I am not a professional blogger, and do not have time for lots of scenic poses with a great camera. I don't even own a great camera! However, I DO appreciate your continued feedback, even in the absence of photographic artistry.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Is it weird to buy my clothes in bulk?

I've been out sick ever since I got back from the wedding weekend, so I thought I'd post a photo I already had.

This is an average day at work (I had one of the interns take it). Brown pants are the Lane Bryant "blue dot" Right Fit Houston style. Given my extra lap area and backside cushioning, these are the only pant styles that are cut to fit my body type.

I have similar pants in several colors (and sizes). While "What Not to Wear" hosts Clinton and Stacy regularly rag their clients about owning multiples of their garments, as a trouser-challenged chick, I snatch up as much of what fits me as possible.



The top is from Macy's (mega-clearance $9!) I love the crazy colors, and really need to make a pair of earrings to go with it. Would a necklace be too busy? I especially love the neckline of this top, and don't want unnecessary clutter.



The shoes are Bass "Darcy" style (or lack thereof) I bought a pair in black and one in brown after my most recent ankle sprains, because they don't let my ankles turn easliy. My feet look like duck bills in them. *sigh*

1 comment:

  1. I really like this outfit That top is so cute! Damn those sensible shoes. I'm tempted to bedazzle them. Oh well, at least they aren't orthopedic!

    ReplyDelete