Pages

DJ/Radio Producer-turned-Lawyer attempts to dress like a grown-up. Sometimes I comically fail. And I occasionally post fun stuff, like music videos, book-club reviews, or photos of beauty or oddity.
FYI: I was doing this entire blog from my Android phone, snatching moments out of my busy life for quick photos. But I hate auto-correct with a purple passion, so now I'm using the computer for most of the work. I am still using my phone for the photos, though. My photo sizes may be erratic, and the quality isn't stellar. I am not a professional blogger, and do not have time for lots of scenic poses with a great camera. I don't even own a great camera! However, I DO appreciate your continued feedback, even in the absence of photographic artistry.

Monday, November 5, 2012

I Am Lawyerdoll... and I Did NOT Approve These Messages!

What in the heck is "Yellow Moxie", and why is it inserting hyperlinks into my blog post from yesterday??? And why can't I edit them out??? I sure hope that doesn't become a regular feature... I like to insert hyperlinks occasionally for my own purposes, but I have never tried to "monetize" my blog.

Anyway, I finally tried out my crazy new necklace that I bought from a friend at a craft show. How it looks when all properly in place:

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

I was really excited when I bought it. But I've been having some difficulty with it throughout the day:

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Um... yeah.... Aaand the best stuff was hidden when I was in court in the morning:

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Whoops- missed a button!

So, I really like the necklace, but my styling idea was a fail. Any suggestions? Seriously... I need help!

I grabbed plain silver hoops this morning, because I don't have any other earrings that go. Oh yeah... I wore shoes:

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

No exercise today, I got a foot injection....

Dangit! I saw more unauthorized hyperlinks when I looked at my post in preview. How do I make this stop???

Sweater: Liz and Co. via consignment shop
Jacket: via consignment shop
Pants: Lane Bryant
Shoes: Aerosoles
Earrings: via Gold Mine in Bath, NY
Necklace: via craft fair in Corning, NY

25 comments:

  1. I think you might have some type of virus. I don't see any hyperlinks in your post, and I turned off adblock specifically so that I could check. Actually I checked in 3 different browsers and don't see anything.

    Does it appear to be turning words in your posts into links? You can try right clicking on one of those to see if there is a way for you to "opt out", but if that doesn't work it's probably a virus or malware of some type

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It probably is malware. Stinky keeps playing online video games using my computer. And I can't get Hubby to restrict him to using the iPad only. *sigh*

      Oh well, at least nobody else sees it!

      Delete
    2. Hahahaha! As soon as I posted the last comment... there was a link on "online video games"...

      I bet there is another one once I post this....

      Delete
  2. Amy, I'm not seeing any links in this post. I don't know if you've been able to get rid of them by now. It's a shame the necklace got tangled up a bit. It's so beautiful! I'm also loving the short blazer! Your hair looks very pretty today, lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey that necklace is lovely! oh you're a lawyer <3 I'm a law student, finishing school in one last semester. soon i'll be a lawyer too, although i'm more in the business field as opposed to litigation. yay to fashionable lawyers!





    WWW.FASHIONGEEKSCLOSET.COM
    JOIN NOW! International Giveaway of "100 Years of Fashion" Book

    ReplyDelete
  4. great necklace! i'm afraid i'd choke myself if i tried to put that on my neck. ;) grr to spam. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your necklace. I agree with rebecca. I don't see any links in my window, since you blog from your phone could it somehow be attached to your app? I'd try to check out a desktop computer if you can and see what's up. I know I've had to un-accept a lot of app stuff attached to twitter and facebook lately due to phishing attempts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's tough...i have when my jewelry gets covered up. maybe you'll have to wear it when you can get away without a blazer...a blouse/sweater with your hair pulled back? it's really a great piece!

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are they SEO (search engine optimization) hyperlinks? I write articles for online clients and see those links in published articles all the time - just words, not phrases or websites, right? If you've updated your software recently, you might be "enjoying" a new feature without realizing you have it. Just a thought.

    The necklace is really pretty. Looking at the photo, I wonder if the chains are too lightweight to stay in place? The beads are beautiful but maybe they make the whole necklace hang lopsidedly? (if that's a word). Any old trick to prevent tangling is to sprinkle a little talcum powder on the chains. Might be worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog, I'Portuguese and I have a Blog too, but is in portuguese, if ou like you can go there to see my pictures, or learn portuguese.
    Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful necklace!!!! I love your hair!!
    Have a good week!

    Besos, desde EspaƱa, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is that one of those necklaces that moves around all day, slowly strangling the wearer? Maybe a slightly deeper neckline to make sure you can see it?

    No unauthorized links on my browser.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous necklace and I love the new cover of your blog. Very fun and stylish

    xoDale
    www.savvyspice.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. No links here. I can give styling ideas, but I agree, it's the thin chain & design.

    ReplyDelete
  13. And hello back! Thanks for dropping by!
    Nice that someone out in the world has not only heard of our little city,but has also been here! It IS a hell of a mess, but rebuilding has started, and hopefully we'll get soemthing fabulous out of it!
    I've always felt that if the Cathedral was that important, why drown it out with all the ugly tall buildings that were there?! It was a cute building, but can't be helped. We've lost almost all our cute buildings. Hopefully you'll make it back someday to see our new city!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. O,and that necklace is AWESOME, but I can see how it would be tricky!X

    ReplyDelete
  15. That jacket is great. The light chains are an issue, as is the weight of the asymmetrical beads. Try using double sided wardrobe tape on the big beads to take some of the weight off.

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful pictures of beautiful ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just saw jason's picture...that is a huge tear. I was shocked. I hope he recovers soon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the way your blog is looking...very colorful..with beautiful pictures, details, and jewellery, clothes, everything beautiful.
    and very interesting to see article on thanks giving.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have the same problem with yellowmoxie. They posted an unauthorized link on my site and I do not know hot to get rid of it. Jim Robertson... www.sacramentofacepainting.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I reviewed pages on your site and you still have the yellowmoxie hyperlinks, at least one. If I find out how they are doing this, I will let you know. Jim

    ReplyDelete