Pages

DJ/Radio Producer-turned-Lawyer attempts to dress like a grown-up. Sometimes I comically fail. And I occasionally post fun stuff, like music videos, book-club reviews, or photos of beauty or oddity.
FYI: I was doing this entire blog from my Android phone, snatching moments out of my busy life for quick photos. But I hate auto-correct with a purple passion, so now I'm using the computer for most of the work. I am still using my phone for the photos, though. My photo sizes may be erratic, and the quality isn't stellar. I am not a professional blogger, and do not have time for lots of scenic poses with a great camera. I don't even own a great camera! However, I DO appreciate your continued feedback, even in the absence of photographic artistry.

Friday, November 30, 2012

A First for Me... NOT in a Good Way

I've been pretty frank about my frequent use of my back-up makeup kit that I keep in my office. I probably use it about half the time, so while I may show up with a bare face, it doesn't last long. Until today:

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

I've been pretty sleep-deprived the last couple of nights, and didn't have time to shower again. Ugh! Fortunately, I have a Bumble and Bumble spray hair tonic which helps tame the frizz. But I got to the office intending to do my semi-stealthy cosmetics application. But I just didn't have the energy:

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Yep, me in all my bare-faced glory. Not a common sight-- I'm a "full warpaint" kind of girl.

I was really excited about my outfit for today's post... I'm styling the necklace Freeda just gave me in a way I've never tried. She suggested that I wear it over a button-down shirt, as she often sees in another blog (I guess I haven't seen that one yet). I was actually pretty happy with it, despite my lack of effort in the primping category today.

For once, I actually wore the flimsy belt that actually came with the shirt, because the red would have been "too much" with the huge necklace. My other slim black belt had a modern-looking silver-toned buckle. Not good.

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

I really want to get some earring that go better with this necklace. Nothing I already have seems quite right. But here's the best I could do today:

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Black flats because this pair of pants is particularly short on me. If I ever get to shop for pants again, I'm NOT falling for buying "average" length again, trying to fave the ten bucks for tailoring. I will just suck it up, buy tall, and actually get them taken up to the correct length for me.

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

I'm pretty wiped, so 'nighty-nite, kiddos!

Top: via Stein Mart
Necklace: gift from Freeda
Pants: Lane Bryant
Shoes: Nine West
Earrings: via consignment shop

13 comments:

  1. Hey, I go barefaced every day. You look lovely regardless. And I think the earrings look nice.

    If it makes you feel any better, I'm 5'5" and have at least a couple pairs of pants that are just a wee bit too short for me. I end up wearing flats and tugging at them all day. It's worth the trouble to get longer ones and have them taken up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look lovely and i like the necklace! very elegant <3

    want to follow each other? i will defiently follow back

    my blog:
    http://thebizarrebirdcage.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do look pretty even without the makeup.
    I like the necklace and love it styled over the shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shirt, and I go sans makeup 90% of the time to work. You really dont need it!
    Daisy Dayz
    Cross-Jones-Photography

    ReplyDelete
  5. kudos for no makeup! wish i looked like that with no makeup on. i have to wear at least concealer or i get health questions all day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Personally (and I get to say this since I'm your sister) I think you wear too much makeup on a daily basis. You have good skin. You could get away with mascara, lip gloss, and some tinted moisturizer instead of the full warpaint.

    And the blog I was talking about was clothedmuch. :) Elaine loves button ups with big necklaces over.

    ReplyDelete

  7. You look fab without makeup. I know what you mean though. I have to have makeup on to feel my best. This town, if you wear makeup they look at you like who do you think you are. I was raised I guess to always have lipstick so tooooo bad lol I have to have my face on! but I wear far far less than before and find as I age the heavier makeup looks bad anyway so a softer look is working for me.... This is GiddyupGirlz...to lazy to log in haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome post!!!


    Happy Tuesday & Many Kisses,

    Nico

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice shirt and it matches perfectly with your earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great outfit! i think it's refreshing to have make-up free days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have great, clear skin! I don't have a backup makeup kit at work so if I sleep in I'm screwed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is a really pretty necklace...i've been wanting one for a while. i finally got some for the store, so i may have to steal one!

    i'd totally do it over a button up just like this...i think it looks great. over a plain tee + blazer or over a scoop neck sweater would be my other options!

    hope your husband is ok??

    ReplyDelete