Pages

DJ/Radio Producer-turned-Lawyer attempts to dress like a grown-up. Sometimes I comically fail. And I occasionally post fun stuff, like music videos, book-club reviews, or photos of beauty or oddity.
FYI: I was doing this entire blog from my Android phone, snatching moments out of my busy life for quick photos. But I hate auto-correct with a purple passion, so now I'm using the computer for most of the work. I am still using my phone for the photos, though. My photo sizes may be erratic, and the quality isn't stellar. I am not a professional blogger, and do not have time for lots of scenic poses with a great camera. I don't even own a great camera! However, I DO appreciate your continued feedback, even in the absence of photographic artistry.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

I Can Do This Better!

Monday's outfit was a bit of a jumble, probably because I didn't have a clear idea what I was aiming for before I started grabbing items in the morning. The end result:

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

It's a discombobulated sort of outfit, reflecting my scrambled brains! I started with this sweater:

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

I really need to sew that placket closed. With a higher neckline, I think.... Anyway, I grabbed bronze-y earring to go with the taupe and the brown straps:

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

And the plaid jacket because I just had a sudden flash that it could work with this sweater:

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

So far, so good... but then it went downhill:

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

(Old pic- my hair isn't that long now) For some reason, I forgot about the earrings I already had on my ears, and only thought about coordinating metals with the cute little pin I had on my jacket collar:

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

I have no understanding why or excuse for wearing these... they just do NOT go with the outfit:

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Lessons:

1. The core elements of the sweater, jacket, and blue pants work well together.
2. I need a "brushed/tarnished-effect" pewter/silver-tone pair of earrings. OK, want... not need.
3. I should to plan "new" combinations the evening before I wear them!
4. I should get my blog shots done early in the day when I feel like I'm actually looking good... before something goes wrong and I don't get it done. I looked really good today (Tuesday), but do I get to show that? NO! And the day Hubby was hospitalized last month? I looked fantastic (before the abject fear, exhaustion, and sobbing, of course). But I have no photographic evidence. *sigh*

At least I finally made it back to the gym to lift! I've decided that I'm skipping the classes (Yoga, Zumba, etc.) until January because things are too chaotic. Between my trial calendar, motion calendar, court appearances, incapacitated husband, and the holiday festivities... lifting 1-2 times a week is all I can manage in the fitness area of life! Besides, I need to get back the strength I've lost over the last month.

Sweater: Bella D via TJ Maxx
Jacket: Amanda Smith Suits via consignment shop
Earrings: made by me
Hair flower: made by me
Pin: via M-I-L's purge
Pants: Lane Bryant
Shoes: Ariat via Sole Solutions in Spokane, WA

18 comments:

  1. You have a great base there - the sweater and jacket work, and will look even better when you permanently fix the sweater. Just work with the pieces that work and next time will feel better.

    And feel free to wear outfits that didn't get pictures but were awesome again sometime. Some morning when you can't deal with the world and don't want to think about what to wear; that justifies a repeat for you and a first viewing for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The red necklace would look great on you......I'm so glad you like it.
    If you tell me who Freeda is I'll tell her and gift wrap it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I talked with her earlier, and told her your blog name :)

      Delete
  3. you sound super busy for december.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, no one can say you aren't court appropriate, but I do feel like I want to sprinkle a bit of pixie dust on this outfit, or perhaps simply a colorful accent. Some days neutrals can be so magical, or on other days, just kind of draining. You've been through a lot, so give yourself a big pat on the back - and maybe a really stunning new scarf :) Prezzies are nice, even if we buy them ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi buddy, I just tried to e-mail you but my message was returned. I guess the address I have for you is outdated.

    Someone left a mysterious comment on my blog today, on the post I wrote last September about our meeting. The comment is anonymous but filled with venom toward you. I suspect it may be someone who knows and dislikes you.

    Feel free to take a look: it's the last comment. http://shybiker.blogspot.com/2012/09/blogger-meetup-with-lawyerdoll.html

    If you want to talk about it, fine, but you don't need to. I sense this is something personal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, buddy. Just thought you should know about the comment. If you want, I can delete it.

      Delete
    2. What a freak... I have no idea who it could be.

      Delete

  6. I love the leather details of that sweater! reminds me of equestrian gear which I love lov love! It's Giddyupgirlz again lol to lazy to sign in once again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful outfit!!! I love your sweater!!!
    Have a nice day!

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post. Love your blog. Following you :)

    http://cantellyou.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the plaid jacket! And I do think it works well with the sweater and the pants! I can relate to putting something together in a morning scramble and then not being as happy with the results. I try to plan the night before whenever I can, but sometimes it's a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey I like the sweater. The outfit is perfect for a corporate environment! You should see me dress for work. I dress in the dark with my eyes closed, sometimes it's a shock when Ia rrive at work, ha ha!

    WWW.ROXTHEFOX.COM

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look lovely! The sweater and the accessories are really beautiful! Thank you so much for stopping by, hope you have a wonderful week ahead<3

    x♥x♥

    "Saúde & Beleza - Health & Beauty"




    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with you in planning the night before. I always feel rushed if I wait until morning time. But I think this outfit is very nice and it looks very balanced on you as far as proportions. Thanks for visiting my blog, I love your title caption at the top. ;)

    ReplyDelete