Pages

DJ/Radio Producer-turned-Lawyer attempts to dress like a grown-up. Sometimes I comically fail. And I occasionally post fun stuff, like music videos, book-club reviews, or photos of beauty or oddity.
FYI: I was doing this entire blog from my Android phone, snatching moments out of my busy life for quick photos. But I hate auto-correct with a purple passion, so now I'm using the computer for most of the work. I am still using my phone for the photos, though. My photo sizes may be erratic, and the quality isn't stellar. I am not a professional blogger, and do not have time for lots of scenic poses with a great camera. I don't even own a great camera! However, I DO appreciate your continued feedback, even in the absence of photographic artistry.

Monday, October 25, 2010

It's the Great Pumpkin! He's left a mixed bag

Product review for starters:

Just before I went to the Mitten for a visit, I decided to get a manicure. My nails are natural, and break/split/flake a LOT. With a normal manicure, the polish is only good for a few days. They need to be done at least twice a week.

This was done 2 1/2 weeks ago. As you can see from the new growth.



It's a UV gel polish called Shellac, from Creative Nail Design. Apparently only available in salon manicures (at least according to the manicurist), it is a good bit more expensive than a normal manicure, but is supposed to last "up to 2 weeks". It can only be removed with an acetone soak.

It worked.

While too expensive for me to do often (I lost the price list from the salon), if you are the kind of girl who gets frequent acryllic or gel nails, it may be worth your while to check it out. Google it!

For me, I will definitely do it again, but only when I am taking trips and don't want to worry about my nails looking raggedy.

All I would need to cover the growth is a covering coat of regular polish to extend times between manicures. I didn't because I'm trying to grow out the stained part. I want bare nails for my Halloween costume.

This is not my costume, it's what I looked like yesterday. I wore my gym clothes to Stinky's soccer game. Only because I was headed straight to the gym after.



No makeup. Frizzy hair in ponytail. Gym pants a tad short. And this sweatshirt makes me look like a pumpkin. A pregnant pumpkin.

I didn't feel like myself at all. I hated looking like that in public. How do people do that all the time? I just don't get it....

But isn't my phone skin cute? skinit.com

No freebies here.... I paid for this stuff. I'm just telling you because I liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment