Pages

DJ/Radio Producer-turned-Lawyer attempts to dress like a grown-up. Sometimes I comically fail. And I occasionally post fun stuff, like music videos, book-club reviews, or photos of beauty or oddity.
FYI: I was doing this entire blog from my Android phone, snatching moments out of my busy life for quick photos. But I hate auto-correct with a purple passion, so now I'm using the computer for most of the work. I am still using my phone for the photos, though. My photo sizes may be erratic, and the quality isn't stellar. I am not a professional blogger, and do not have time for lots of scenic poses with a great camera. I don't even own a great camera! However, I DO appreciate your continued feedback, even in the absence of photographic artistry.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Saturday night dinner with some girls, and a haunted house, then a Sunday drive to view fall colors with friends. Yes, I'm doubling up the outfit. And I don't care that Squeaky (she's just so little and cute- and has a very high voice) was with me both days:



I wonder if reading all these fashion blogs is getting to me... normally I wouldn't have fussed so much, but this time I tried on two different scarves and a necklace, wondering what I could do to "bump it up" a bit.

I'm glad Hubby managed to save me from myself. "How about just your neck (as accessory)". Um, it's chilly. But I supposed the shell under the sweater would suffice. And the earrings, of course:



I'm not a big fan of the cold. And most of the haunted house attractions were outdoors, so I wore my trusty trench. Freeda bought this sucker on super-clearance for $11, then got it home and discovered it looked better on me. I bought it from her. Perfect for a breezy fall Sunday at Seneca Lake.



As you can see from the waistline, it is a maternity coat. Again, disappointing the in-laws, I'm not pregnant! Because my hips and butt are extra-bootylicious, I have a terrible time buying long coats. And I hate short ones.

I'm not a big fan of the cold or short coats that don't cover the goods. One would think a booty the size of mine would have it's own heating system in place. Au contraire, my friends. It's like carting around a block of ice.



Shell: Laura Ashley via Goodwill
Sweater: Old Navy
Earrings: art show
Jeans: my Lane Bryant Louisville Sluggers (referencing comment on earlier post)
Shoes (not shown): Ariat
Trench: Liz Lange Maternity from Target
Brooch (on trench- that's where it lives): Lane Bryant

2 comments:

  1. Love the little flower brooch, and the blue jumper is a great colour on you. Thanks for the comment.

    Daisy Dayz Home
    Cross-Jones-Photography Home
    Daisy Dayz Day Zero Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous lipstick color! I like the different shades of blue on you, very pretty.

    Call Me Ishmael

    ReplyDelete