Pages

DJ/Radio Producer-turned-Lawyer attempts to dress like a grown-up. Sometimes I comically fail. And I occasionally post fun stuff, like music videos, book-club reviews, or photos of beauty or oddity.
FYI: I was doing this entire blog from my Android phone, snatching moments out of my busy life for quick photos. But I hate auto-correct with a purple passion, so now I'm using the computer for most of the work. I am still using my phone for the photos, though. My photo sizes may be erratic, and the quality isn't stellar. I am not a professional blogger, and do not have time for lots of scenic poses with a great camera. I don't even own a great camera! However, I DO appreciate your continued feedback, even in the absence of photographic artistry.

Friday, October 1, 2010

My workweek "Black is Banned" challenge FINALE!!

Ta-da!!!

I just had my hair cut and colored last night, so it's in the "not allowed to wash yet" stage. Piece of weirdness: all my life I've had straight, fine hair. In the last six months, the structure has completely changed. It's now coarser and wavy/curly. No wonder it's looked like hell lately-- I had no clue I was doing it wrong!



There's a lot going on today, not in the "cluttered outfit" way... let me begin:

Reflecting upon the critique of this necklace with a high neckline, and realizing this top had been hiding in my closet waiting for alterations-- I picked it up from my tailor last night. It still feels a little big on me... I'll check again after I wash it.



I wanted to wear my teal fuzzy blazer for another tone-on-tone look, but this top didn't go either. I wore my beige jacket for one court appearance, but didn't show it again because I didn't really consider it part of the outfit. It was just in my car to be dropped at the cleaners.

The original plan was to wear my old navy shoes with the new navy pants. Not an exact color match, but I could make it work. But they are now too small! Is it my foot condition, or weight gain? My friend had gastric bypass, and she lost a lot weight. She says she lost a shoe size and gained an inch. So I won't donate the too-small shoes yet.



But it led to a happy accident, because I fit into these (barely)! I'm such a chicken when it comes to nonmatching shoes... today I feel like I'm channelling Sheila!

Top: VanHusen outlet
Pants: Lane Bryant
Necklace: random jewelry shop in Ithaca (gift from Hubby)
Earrings: JC Penney
Shoes: American Eagle via Freeda's castoffs

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the color of the top and the style of the shoes. And the necklace suits the top nicely.

    Also... I don't know why but you seem more comfortable in pictures -- and that confidence is very attractive. You appear to be blossoming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This outfit is great! The top and necklace work really well together.. a much better-balanced combo than the last time you wore the necklace.

    Weren't those shoes once mine?

    ReplyDelete