Pages

DJ/Radio Producer-turned-Lawyer attempts to dress like a grown-up. Sometimes I comically fail. And I occasionally post fun stuff, like music videos, book-club reviews, or photos of beauty or oddity.
FYI: I was doing this entire blog from my Android phone, snatching moments out of my busy life for quick photos. But I hate auto-correct with a purple passion, so now I'm using the computer for most of the work. I am still using my phone for the photos, though. My photo sizes may be erratic, and the quality isn't stellar. I am not a professional blogger, and do not have time for lots of scenic poses with a great camera. I don't even own a great camera! However, I DO appreciate your continued feedback, even in the absence of photographic artistry.

Friday, November 19, 2010

An early "Black Friday"

A much calmer day at the office, if understaffed. Hmm... maybe not having any secretaries after noon today is why my phone wasn't blowing up with client calls. I actually got to tackle a little paperwork- the crazy calls all went to voicemail!!!



As much as I HATE the cold and am super-jealous one of the secretaries just left for Florida, at least I get to pull out this sweater, which is lovely, warm, and soft:



I especially love the wide bands at the bottom of the bodice and sleeves because they draw the top in at my slimmer parts. Also, I just think these buttons on the sleeves are so cute, and I love how they peek out from the 3/4 sleeve jacket:



I'm trying to learn how to wear these big, blingy earrings I waffled back-and-forth on when I got my jewelry party order in. I really thought I was going to return them, but changed my mind again at the last second. So they are mine now!



I normally wear much more subtle earrings with the necklace, but figured you all would tell me if combining these was a bad idea. One of the secretaries pointed out that the earrings echo the shape of the pendant... so at least one person saw what I was shooting for.



Sweater: Tribal via Pip's in Corning, NY. I have to find out if it is a house brand, or just a label they order a lot. My gorgeous gray top from yesterday is the same brand....
Jacket: Talbot's
Pants: Lane Bryant
Shoes: Bass Darcys. Why do they call that fugly style Darcy? My friend, D'Arcy, is fabulous- not fugly!
Necklace: made by me with pendant gift from Mom
Earrings: Premier Designs

6 comments:

  1. Pretty look, with lovely jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That necklace is the perfect with the turtleneck. The earrings look good on you. I like the whole outfit. I'm glad you had day that wasn't so busy and hectic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cohesive. :)

    I challenge you to try some color with that blazer next time. I wanna see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I have anything with color where the neckline would work... hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a really amazing pendent. I love how its a mix of black & white/opposites. Does it symbolize anything?

    Also i'm glad my post made you laugh, the spot was gin and tonic water & I'm sure it will come out. My drycleaner can work miracles!

    ~Em K

    ReplyDelete
  6. Em- I think it has something to do with couples... I lost the card.

    Freeda- I'm trying color for my Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete