Pages

DJ/Radio Producer-turned-Lawyer attempts to dress like a grown-up. Sometimes I comically fail. And I occasionally post fun stuff, like music videos, book-club reviews, or photos of beauty or oddity.
FYI: I was doing this entire blog from my Android phone, snatching moments out of my busy life for quick photos. But I hate auto-correct with a purple passion, so now I'm using the computer for most of the work. I am still using my phone for the photos, though. My photo sizes may be erratic, and the quality isn't stellar. I am not a professional blogger, and do not have time for lots of scenic poses with a great camera. I don't even own a great camera! However, I DO appreciate your continued feedback, even in the absence of photographic artistry.

Monday, November 29, 2010

Yippy-Ca-Yay!

Maybe Hubby and I should change our look... how would this go over in court?



Like my thighs could be that thin and support that head! *sigh* Back to reality....



Despite the effect with the layered 3/4 sleeves, I'm not liking this jacket with this top and the navy pants. Boooring!

I should have gone a little crazy and grabbed my red jacket this morning instead. I thought I had one quick court appearance, then could ditch it for the rest of the day... I really should know better. All morning in one court, then I got assigned last-minute to night court, too! Would have been warmer, too! *harumph*



I do love the texture of the jacket, though... I'm just thinking wearing it with these button-downs may be a mistake. Does the small dark jacket then the expanse of blue over the abdomen make me look pregnant? I'll have to test that a little more before making a final analysis.



I really wish the shirt didn't cover this necklace so much... I think I prefer the v-neck button-downs. Shows off my necklaces much better.... Next, simple hoops to top off the look:



Yep... I think my red jacket would have turned this ensemble from frumpy to fantastic. Oh well... that's why I blog: to learn.

Top: VanHusen outlet
Jacket: Tallman's in Painted Post, NY
Pants: Lane Bryant
Shoes: Ariat mary janes
Necklace: Lane Bryant
Earrings: Lia Sophia

3 comments:

  1. Cute jacket... you will find the perfect way to wear it. How would it look over the talbot cardigan that you sewed up to wear as a top? or even that B&W dress you wore in the summer for the wedding? So many possibilities! Yeehaw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the necklace! Really unique and interesting.
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The necklace is so pretty. Actually, I like the way it is peeking out mysteriously from your shirt - it's like glimpses of a pretty garden! The jacket is made from a great fabric & the colour suits you - I reckon it would look great over a cream knit or cream dress.

    ReplyDelete