Pages

DJ/Radio Producer-turned-Lawyer attempts to dress like a grown-up. Sometimes I comically fail. And I occasionally post fun stuff, like music videos, book-club reviews, or photos of beauty or oddity.
FYI: I was doing this entire blog from my Android phone, snatching moments out of my busy life for quick photos. But I hate auto-correct with a purple passion, so now I'm using the computer for most of the work. I am still using my phone for the photos, though. My photo sizes may be erratic, and the quality isn't stellar. I am not a professional blogger, and do not have time for lots of scenic poses with a great camera. I don't even own a great camera! However, I DO appreciate your continued feedback, even in the absence of photographic artistry.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Annoyed at Hubby

When I was raiding the Space Bags to see what I fit back into, I ran the clothes by Hubby for a second opinion about the fit. Flash forward to me getting dressed this morning, and he claims he didn't see this top during the try-on, and that the sleeves aren't a good idea.

He "suggested" I wear something else. When it was too late to do anything about it, of course! Rrrrr!



Admittedly, when I wore this top to work pre-fattitude, my arms were slimmer and the sleeve openings hung together better:



So, does this top needs to wait a few more pounds until resurfacing?

As long as we were taking a side view...



Well, I USED to think these pants looked good on me. I am increasingly convinced that hoopskirts are the way to go... who's with me?

*sigh* At least the secretary I drafted into photographic duty says I've lost weight. But not enough for this top to drape like it used to. It's not really tucked in, it just sits shorter than I remember, and I put the belt on last-minute to at least make it appear to be a planned look.

What's black, blue, and red all over? For court this morning, I think I blew the whole "cohesiveness" concept out the window:



I was going to grab the teal jacket, but chickened out at the last minute. And I've been punished. I only had one court appearance this morning before I could chuck it. My punishment? The size-two opposing counsel was dressed way better than I. I hate that. Am I petty or what?

Did the big earrings look good with the top? I'm still trying to get used to bigger earrings-- I spent years only wearing small hoops. The whole "choosing today's jewelry" is pretty new. I habitually wore the same thing 24/7 until it broke. Then bought new "semi-permanent" jewelry.

I caught a glimpse of myself in glass, and thought even these pants (which are longer than most of mine) are a little short for my Ariats. I should have gotten a pic...

Maybe it was because I wore a belt today! I will need to further test this hypothesis.

Edited to add:
Top: Sydney in the Radisson, Kalamazoo, MI
Pants: Lane Bryant
Shoes: Ariat
Jacket: Talman's in Painted Post, NY
Earrings: Premier Designs

9 comments:

  1. I actually think the top can be work appropriate - and a TON of fun - if you layer a contrasting long sleeved tee underneath.

    Love turquoise and red together... I'm not sure how true the photos read on the blazer you're talking about, so is it really a green-y-er teal than a turquoise?

    I think your belt theory is accurate. And the pants look good, imo.

    I'm not sure how I feel about that blazer. I'd like to see it restyled sometime soon. It seems more like a backdrop than the thing you want front and center. Perhaps it would be a great backdrop for an amazing scarf?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking that about a top under this one! I just didn't have anything handy....

    The jacket is a weird color- I would say somewhere between turquoise and teal.

    I will play around with the black jacket- I bought it for summer, but I'll try to layer it up good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the black jacket. And red is good color, it is one of the few that I wear. I like the shirt even without layering, I just wish the balls were smaller. I like the earrings too!

    I'm weird about pants. I typically only wear dresses. Even if I'm wearing jeans, I wear a dress on top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the red sweater looks good! Love the details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just recently started mixing black and blue and found out lots of people have been doing it for a long time now.
    Love that black jacket, interesting texture.

    thanks so much for your comment. I could not decide which sweater I liked better but decided to wear both and keep both. They are different but I like them both. Good thing clothes are not men LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The detailing on the sleeves is lovely! I wish you had worn the turquoise jacket! What a great color combination that would have been!

    And in response to your comment on my blog re: the homemade beaded necklace - it was super easy and I'm positive you can do it too! :-)

    Call Me Ishmael

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the sleeves look fine on this shirt. I do like the idea of layering a shirt under it though, especially for the office. But a jacket over it works just as well too if you aren't trying to highlight the details on the arms. I say keep wearing it!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. this sweater is so cute... i adore its details on the arms...

    http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the jacket! The texture adds to its charm and I say the earrings look nice. Although I'm quite the lover of big hoops so you could say I'm biased. If you chose to layer under the top, I'm guessing it would have to be a super thin fabric otherwise I'm guessing it would provide for a bulkier look?

    ReplyDelete