Pages

DJ/Radio Producer-turned-Lawyer attempts to dress like a grown-up. Sometimes I comically fail. And I occasionally post fun stuff, like music videos, book-club reviews, or photos of beauty or oddity.
FYI: I was doing this entire blog from my Android phone, snatching moments out of my busy life for quick photos. But I hate auto-correct with a purple passion, so now I'm using the computer for most of the work. I am still using my phone for the photos, though. My photo sizes may be erratic, and the quality isn't stellar. I am not a professional blogger, and do not have time for lots of scenic poses with a great camera. I don't even own a great camera! However, I DO appreciate your continued feedback, even in the absence of photographic artistry.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Raiding my Space Bags

I finally got this jacket back from the cleaners, after raiding the Space Bags for clothing I've shrunken back into:



I had court and office work all day, then a bar association party in the evening, so I decided black would transition well.

It was part of a suit, but the skirt never fit me. I decided to follow my inspiration from other blogs, and actually wear the matching belt in a way not intended by the designer. The jacket is still too small to button up, and I removed the string beltloops ages ago.



Hubby thought I should show a side view... not really sure why, but OK:



The jacket, obviously, is crucial to the outfit... I just love the texture of the jacket fabric:



I love the contrast of the ruffles with the jacket tweedy fabric... but I'm glad they are black. White or purple would be "too cute" IMO.



And I broke out the big shiny earrings I'm still trying to get used to.

Jacket and belt: Gianni Petite via consignment shop
Pants: Lane Bryant
Earrings: Lia Sophia

5 comments:

  1. What a great jacket... and I love the way you used the belt...looks awesome! I also like the look you're giving your husband in the sideways photo- Mmmmm- He just wants us all to see how good you're looking. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, that lighting is terrible. lol.. good thing the outfit is good.

    Is that jacket a boucle?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boucle! Argh! It was on the tip of my brain yesterday... yes, it is.

    And the lighting was truly dreadful lol. I hate flourescent lighting, and often leave my office light off if I can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely jacket in a great color! I can see myself working a piece like this into my wardrobe! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always remove those awful string belt loops (my waist is never where they want it to be anyway). I love this jacket on you - great cut - and it's very flattering worn open like that, as it creates a nice long column down your front. Great idea wearing the belt with the top! Might have to steal that. :)

    ReplyDelete