Pages

DJ/Radio Producer-turned-Lawyer attempts to dress like a grown-up. Sometimes I comically fail. And I occasionally post fun stuff, like music videos, book-club reviews, or photos of beauty or oddity.
FYI: I was doing this entire blog from my Android phone, snatching moments out of my busy life for quick photos. But I hate auto-correct with a purple passion, so now I'm using the computer for most of the work. I am still using my phone for the photos, though. My photo sizes may be erratic, and the quality isn't stellar. I am not a professional blogger, and do not have time for lots of scenic poses with a great camera. I don't even own a great camera! However, I DO appreciate your continued feedback, even in the absence of photographic artistry.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Channeling my inner Carmen Miranda

In a less than perfect world:



It's just the hair flower making me feel a little bit flamenco... I just need a big ruffled skirt to swish around!



Instead, I had to cover the fabulousness for court:



A closer look at the partially-covered pretty:



I'm not sure about the dangling scarf under the jacket... arty or messy? The original intent was to wear it obi-style, but it was a bit short, and I didn't have time to figure it out. A challenge for another day, I suppose.

I did get a compliment from Hubby when I got home... and I was wearing my Christmas prezzie from him:



Sweater: Freeda's castoff
Jacket: VanHusen outlet
Pants: Lane Bryant
Hair flower: Maurice's
Earrings: Premier Designs gift from Hubby
Scarf: Chico's

8 comments:

  1. Wow! You look absolutely beautiful in these piccies! Your hair is gorgeous and looks a treat tied back with a big fluffy bloom. That bright blue sweater is amazing with your colouring. I vote for the tie under the jacket - I like that kind of unexpected detail. A basket of fruit on your head - a la Carmen Miranda - would have been too much for court but the silk scarf looks fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous with the flower in your hair! I love the color here as well from your blouse to the scarf. I also love the Premiere jewelry that I own....these are cute earrings. Keep wearing this color...it looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vivacious! Love the spirited attitude and bright colors. You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that first picture - you look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your complexion was made, literally made for these bright colors! That first pic is epic! Love it! Full of energy and spontaneity. Shame you had to cover the pretty for court.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First pic is amazing! :)

    I would just tuck up the ends of the scarf when it's jacket time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hubby's compliments are always the best...and sometimes the hardest to come by. I quite like the look, but the title made me think I was going to see a hat piled high with fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this look, too bad real life had to take precedent so you couldn't just rock the flower in the hair and scarf around the waist sans jacket. These darn government jobs always get in the way don't they, lol

    ReplyDelete