Pages

DJ/Radio Producer-turned-Lawyer attempts to dress like a grown-up. Sometimes I comically fail. And I occasionally post fun stuff, like music videos, book-club reviews, or photos of beauty or oddity.
FYI: I was doing this entire blog from my Android phone, snatching moments out of my busy life for quick photos. But I hate auto-correct with a purple passion, so now I'm using the computer for most of the work. I am still using my phone for the photos, though. My photo sizes may be erratic, and the quality isn't stellar. I am not a professional blogger, and do not have time for lots of scenic poses with a great camera. I don't even own a great camera! However, I DO appreciate your continued feedback, even in the absence of photographic artistry.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Last day of work (temporarily)



Yeah... didn't get nearly as much wrapped up as I hoped for, despite the weeks of effort. *sigh*

Everybody and their sister wore red today... so I went with pink and blue. I'm such a rebel that way!



I'm not sure how to wear this thick silk scarf for "indoor" use- any ideas?

I figured pulling my hair back into this pretty clip would keep me from completely tearing it out by the roots:



After work, with a few of my follicles still intact, time for a major destress manicure followed by a massage. I decided to go with something I can't get away with at work:



It's an OPI set that Serena Williams endorses. Do I look as good as Serena now? OK... at least my nails look cool....

Top: Tribal via Pip's in Corning, NY
Jacket: VanHusen outlet
Pants: Lane Bryant
Earrings: Lia Sophia
Scarf: random store in Toronto, Canada
Hair clip: I'll bet it's a gift from Mom... memory hazy....

5 comments:

  1. Is that the black topcoat that "crackles" when it dries? Like that crap mom used to spray paint on "antiques"?

    Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh... so pretty...makes the rest of the crap day disappear! Would you be able to belt the scarf or is it too bulky? Maybe wear it like you are but pin the center bit together with a brooch? It's a great color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are funny--I know what you are saying aboutthe scarf thing. They make me feel all bulky like a 2 year old in a snowsuit. this year i got thinner, smaller ones for that reason. Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the nails! opi rocks! ur so funny!!! =)

    join my Stila giveaway!
    http://fashioneggplant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the nails, they remind me of Lady Gaga, IN A GOOD WAY!

    ~ Em K

    ReplyDelete