Pages

DJ/Radio Producer-turned-Lawyer attempts to dress like a grown-up. Sometimes I comically fail. And I occasionally post fun stuff, like music videos, book-club reviews, or photos of beauty or oddity.
FYI: I was doing this entire blog from my Android phone, snatching moments out of my busy life for quick photos. But I hate auto-correct with a purple passion, so now I'm using the computer for most of the work. I am still using my phone for the photos, though. My photo sizes may be erratic, and the quality isn't stellar. I am not a professional blogger, and do not have time for lots of scenic poses with a great camera. I don't even own a great camera! However, I DO appreciate your continued feedback, even in the absence of photographic artistry.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Inspiring love

Today was the memorial service for my lovely friend who passed away on Saturday.

You know those couples that are so cutesy and affectionate they make you throw up in your mouth a little? Imagine that... but without the nausea... and you have my late friend and her husband. I am privileged to have seen such a couple in love in my life.

I planned my outfit around this, in tribute to their enviable union:



The service was held at our hangout pub in the afternoon. I was able to scoot out from the office early, but Hubby couldn't. The minister was dressed in all black, with an eagle bolo tie and sliver-studded belt, and the attendees were a diverse crowd... from their twenties into their sixties. She was walking love.

Since I had court this morning, then had to go into the office before ducking out... I planned a multi-purpose outfit:



Yep... still in Crocs because my feet are still killing me. At least they match the outfit.



Her favorite song was "Amazing Grace", and a live bagpiper played it as a tribute to her.

My eyes are puffy and sore, so I'm going to wrap this up:

Top: Ann Taylor outlet
Jacket: Talbot's (heavily altered)
Pants: Lane Bryant
Earrings: Premier Designs
Necklace: made by me

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss. You must be sad.

    "Amazing Grace" is such a moving song. I'd want it played at my funeral.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad for your loss. True love is hard to find. Your necklace is very beautiful and so fitting.

    ReplyDelete