Pages

DJ/Radio Producer-turned-Lawyer attempts to dress like a grown-up. Sometimes I comically fail. And I occasionally post fun stuff, like music videos, book-club reviews, or photos of beauty or oddity.
FYI: I was doing this entire blog from my Android phone, snatching moments out of my busy life for quick photos. But I hate auto-correct with a purple passion, so now I'm using the computer for most of the work. I am still using my phone for the photos, though. My photo sizes may be erratic, and the quality isn't stellar. I am not a professional blogger, and do not have time for lots of scenic poses with a great camera. I don't even own a great camera! However, I DO appreciate your continued feedback, even in the absence of photographic artistry.

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Neutrals Week: Cognac Conundrum

The day in the Neutrals Week challenge I was most worried about: cognac:



I couldn't quite remember what the color is supposed to be. Turns out, neither does Google Images- apparently there is more than one color called "cognac".

Exhibit "A":



Exhibit "B":



One of my friends just converted my broken bracelet into a pendant for me. I'm delighted, because it's pertified wood, which has held fascination for me ever since I first heard about it in middle school. My teacher had a chunk he showed the class. So when I was on a road trip out west over ten years later, the Petrified Forest was higher in priority for me than the Grand Canyon!

The fun part is that both "cognacs" are in this stone:



The challenge was for cognac or white… so I thought it would be fun to try both:



The only item (other than the pendant) I have with those cognac colors is a sleeveless and sheer top, and it's freezing here in NY, so I had to add a layer for self-preservation:



I figured the yellowed face of this cute seed-pearl pin might qualify as "cognac-ish":



I don't have cognac pants or shoes, so brown will have to do:



All in all, not my best outfit, but it was fun trying to meet the challenge! And this post should double up for my "Thursdays are for Thrifters" post.

Shell: Soma via Freeda's purge pile
Top: Limited via Freeda's purge pile
Jacket: Kasper via consignment shop
Pants: Lane Bryant
Shoes: Bass
Pin: family heirloom gift from M-I-L
Collar: gift from either Freeda or Mom
Pendant: originally a bracelet I bought at the gift shop at the Petrified Forest in Arizona

5 comments:

  1. Oh I love the pendant. I too have always been fascinated by petrified wood. It is harder to find nowdays.
    You look lovely and I would say you completed the cognac challenge.
    P.S. I like the lawyerly exhibits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did cognac just fine! I like the look with the jacket! There are so many browns, but I never met a brown I didn't like!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool that she turned the broken bracelet into a pendant. What an awesome idea! It looks really pretty.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore that pendant! So pretty. Thanks for linking up!
    -Meagan
    www.spunkychateau.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent cognac shades! I think your look is winning top marks for Thursday from me. I love the printed tank, petrified wood! Exactly what shades I think of with cognac. Plus the great white jacket.

    ReplyDelete