Pages

DJ/Radio Producer-turned-Lawyer attempts to dress like a grown-up. Sometimes I comically fail. And I occasionally post fun stuff, like music videos, book-club reviews, or photos of beauty or oddity.
FYI: I was doing this entire blog from my Android phone, snatching moments out of my busy life for quick photos. But I hate auto-correct with a purple passion, so now I'm using the computer for most of the work. I am still using my phone for the photos, though. My photo sizes may be erratic, and the quality isn't stellar. I am not a professional blogger, and do not have time for lots of scenic poses with a great camera. I don't even own a great camera! However, I DO appreciate your continued feedback, even in the absence of photographic artistry.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Book Club Night


We read:

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

I managed to get the library's CD copy, so I could listen as I drive. I almost feel like I live in my car, and the radio where I live and drive to is horrid. So I've given it up, and almost always have an audio book going while I drive.

I won't give the plot away, the link I put above leads to Amazon if you want more detail. I will only say that you get the "twists" toward the end. One of the commenters on Amazon said it tends to plod in places, and I can't disagree. But I rather see that it winds side-to-side and on an indirect path, much like a snake navigating its way across England.

But since I was listening only when in the car, that effect may have been broken up for me. I tend to prefer a "faster clip" in books I'm "sight"-reading, but I have more patience for a wandering narrative when "audio"-reading. It's read by the man who played Bridget Jones' dad, and he has a very pleasant narrative style, perfect for the mental meanderings that make up this tale.

Now for the part that matters: what I wore for Parole Revocation hearings, office appointments and various office-stuff, then book club:

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

I DID actually iron the shirt this morning, not that anyone could tell *sigh*

Isn't this necklace insane? I'm calling it "the Medusa", it makes me feel slightly evil.... I saw it at a shop in Queens, left the shop and thought about it... then went back to the shop and agonized a little more. I even SMS'd a pic to Freeda for some input. Her advice? Wear it with a collared shirt to tone it down. What Freeda saw:

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Wow, was my gel manicure overgrown... I redid it as soon as I got home from that trip.

The Medusa in all her glory:

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

What I'm surprised about is my failure to pick up that two serpent-like scrolls have an "antiqued" finish, but the others are shiny. Should I antique the whole thing, or leave it as is?

Are these snake eggs?

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Freeda reminded me that if I purchased the necklace, the worst case scenario is that I would give it to her... an evil plot at work? Like I'm not the beneficiary of her purges... a good quarter of my tops are from her purge piles!

The purple flats like there are the wrong shade to look good with this shirt, so I went with the pink ones instead:

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

No exercise, except for my jaw muscles from all the chatting at book club. And from swallowing some delicious pumpkin cake almost whole!

I'm going to be super-busy over the next few days, but I'm hoping to find time to post. A two-day conference, then an overnight trip to visit friends. Yikes... I still need to go pack!

Shirt: VanHeusen outlet
Pants: Lane Bryant
Jewelry: via Peony Fashions in Forest Hills, NY
Shoes: Aerosoles

1 comment:

  1. The necklace is really cool. I think you should leave as is...it gives the necklace more dimension. I think the shade of purple in the shirt (first pic) is a fabulous color for you.

    ReplyDelete