Pages

DJ/Radio Producer-turned-Lawyer attempts to dress like a grown-up. Sometimes I comically fail. And I occasionally post fun stuff, like music videos, book-club reviews, or photos of beauty or oddity.
FYI: I was doing this entire blog from my Android phone, snatching moments out of my busy life for quick photos. But I hate auto-correct with a purple passion, so now I'm using the computer for most of the work. I am still using my phone for the photos, though. My photo sizes may be erratic, and the quality isn't stellar. I am not a professional blogger, and do not have time for lots of scenic poses with a great camera. I don't even own a great camera! However, I DO appreciate your continued feedback, even in the absence of photographic artistry.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Scarf Fun and Feature Earrings

FABruary Saturday theme: "Scarf Fun". I didn't actually get dressed on Saturday, but I did wash almost all of my scarves. They have been hanging uncovered in my closet for ages, and I've noticed some itching when I wear them lately. Hmmm... they must have been dusty. Now they are clean and nice, and covered with dry-cleaner's plastic. Yay me.

Tuesday theme: "Style a Skirt". Don't own one in my current size, so that ain't happening... I decided to use Saturday's theme instead using this freshly-washed beauty:

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Here's the result:

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

I'm a little chagrined because I forgot to put my jacket on before I went into the Boss' office to ask him about something. Here's the cause:

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Holy boobs, Batman! As you can already tell, the jacket is the linchpin of this outfit. Just for fun, here's the rest of the construction of this look:

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

I safety-pinned inside the belt to keep the end from flapping around. You can kind of see my hair clip in the photo, but here's a closeup (old pic):

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

I really should get a gold-tone hair clip... that one was the best I could come up with to coordinate with my "Feature Earrings", which was actually Monday's theme. They are a bit of a style departure for me, but there is a story... Hubby's beloved late uncle (who I have never met, but I have heard a lot of lovely stories) made them for my mother-in-law. She has now given them to me, and I wear them with pride:

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

The belt started bugging me later in the day, and I ditched it before I went grocery shopping. I kept my shoes on, though:

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Top: VanHeusen outlet
Jacket: Talbot's Petite
Pants: Lane Bryant
Hair clip: made by me with materials from Michael's
Scarf: from the Musee Rodin in Paris, France
Earrings: gift from M-I-L


13 comments:

  1. The scarf is beautiful and I love the gifted earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty scarf....worn in a very adventurous manner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so funny. I never go shopping without my shoes too ;-)
    Never wore a scarf (pretty) like that but since I stopped eating dairy products one and a half year ago my boobs vanished from d to b cup. I swear whenever I start to detox the first day is the worst. I think about buying the book wheat belly. Maybe I´ll get healthier than :-)
    xx

    glamdevils

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this look! Totally stealing it.

    These colours look great on you, too, and that scarf is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that scarf is very pretty! and thanks for the suggestion. I've shared it the techniques in past posts, but i need to update them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes! i keep forgetting to try this belted scarf look! i think it is a nice touch under a blazer because it looks like a blouse, too!

    rockoomph.blogspot.com
    mobilemorsels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome scarf usage! It looks like a blouse under the blazer.

    As for the buttonflowers - just shoot me back an email (Ecc3ntriccynic[at]gmail[dot]com) and we'll work something out for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought the scarf was a shirt at first. The blazer is a great addition. I never would have thought about layering like that .

    7% Solution​

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that scarf. Is there any color you don't look good in? Because every color you wear I think "that's a good color on her".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I try not to but thing in colors that make me look like something that the cat sicked up. Like yellow... salmon... coral... all colors I love, but not on me!

      Delete
  10. Beautiful scarf! I love that, and I like that way of styling it. I need to try it someday. Believe me, the scarf will not be stretched across my chest!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hee! you made me laugh - the outfit looks very smart with the jacket on and the scarf is a lovely detail belted like that but I can see why you might have worried about walking in on the boss without the jacket on. Good outfit for a dinner date after work though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous scarf! I have belted mine this way too but it lacked the wow factor : > Thanks for sharing your great look with Visible Monday!

    ReplyDelete