Pages

DJ/Radio Producer-turned-Lawyer attempts to dress like a grown-up. Sometimes I comically fail. And I occasionally post fun stuff, like music videos, book-club reviews, or photos of beauty or oddity.
FYI: I was doing this entire blog from my Android phone, snatching moments out of my busy life for quick photos. But I hate auto-correct with a purple passion, so now I'm using the computer for most of the work. I am still using my phone for the photos, though. My photo sizes may be erratic, and the quality isn't stellar. I am not a professional blogger, and do not have time for lots of scenic poses with a great camera. I don't even own a great camera! However, I DO appreciate your continued feedback, even in the absence of photographic artistry.

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

What is Old is New Again

When I get new clothes, I tend to wear them to death... neglecting old favorites. I'm such a child sometimes!

I suppose it's natural, but I've been reading some posts on various blogs about "shopping your wardrobe". Since Hubby needed me to fill in for his night court appearance on Tuesday (he has a disgusting eye infection), I challenged myself to only wear items that I owned before my recent shopping glut:

 photo PSX_20141216_194021_zps39jganxk.jpg

And not a single item from Lane Bryant! Unusual for me, eh? I'm so happy that these pants and the jacket fit again... even though I've fallen off the diet wagon. I don't usually buy jackets that are meant to be fastened all the way up, because I like to show my shirts. But the few I do have, I bought because I was attracted to some element of color, design, or texture. I really love this:

 photo PSX_20141217_141318_zpsn1e0lvxv.jpg

Hmmm... what to go with this awkward round high neckline? After trying and rejecting a couple of necklaces, I opted for:

 photo PSX_20141216_193553_zpsfhlxj5zu.jpg

I don't seem to remember this top showing so much cleavage... must be the better bra. So I'm thinking that this top is going to be strictly a layering piece, at least for anything work-related.

 photo PSX_20141216_193721_zpsyrfqwngv.jpg

These shoes are perfect for the Christmas season... they jingle when I walk:

 photo PSX_20141216_193450_zpsmoti1ewd.jpg

It's really annoying, and I'm trying to figure out a way to stop this. Perhaps judicious use of the hot glue gun?

At least my earrings had a "Silent Night":

 photo PSX_20141217_012055_zpsoxsipyx1.jpg

I do get annoyed that the hinge is visible... it's very difficult to find hoops with a hidden hinge. I will be keeping my eye out, though!

Top: Mossimo via Goodwill
Jacket: VanHeusen
Pants: CJ Banks
Necklace: via Freeda's purge pile
Earrings: Lia Sophia
Shoes: Anne Klein Flex

No comments:

Post a Comment