Pages

DJ/Radio Producer-turned-Lawyer attempts to dress like a grown-up. Sometimes I comically fail. And I occasionally post fun stuff, like music videos, book-club reviews, or photos of beauty or oddity.
FYI: I was doing this entire blog from my Android phone, snatching moments out of my busy life for quick photos. But I hate auto-correct with a purple passion, so now I'm using the computer for most of the work. I am still using my phone for the photos, though. My photo sizes may be erratic, and the quality isn't stellar. I am not a professional blogger, and do not have time for lots of scenic poses with a great camera. I don't even own a great camera! However, I DO appreciate your continued feedback, even in the absence of photographic artistry.

Monday, September 20, 2010

I only just found out about Friend Friday, so I'm posting Monday

Courtesey of modlychic:

Friend Friday: Work Vs. Blog Wear

1. When it comes to outfit posts on your own blog, be honest-- are they what you actually wore that day?

Oh, yes.... as you can tell from my photos, which are often snatched moments during my work day on my phone camera. And some of these photos/outfits are pretty awful!

2. For a fashion blogger, working in a corporate environment can be tricky. How do you mesh your day job with your personal style choices?

I have a government job in a rural area, so standards are a bit more relaxed than for many attorneys. Admittedly, I also have much more leeway as a woman.

My biggest issue is that I cannot find suits to fit (I'm different sizes on top and bottom), so I am forever trying to pair jackets and pants in a put-together fashion. My biggest complaint is that when I find cute separates that could be paired into a decent suit... the pants always turn out to be capris! Not only are my legs heinous, but capris, in my opinion, are completely inappropriate for courtroom practice.

I've settled on "classic with a twist" for my style. No crazy colors, nothing terribly trendy, no over-the-top patterns. I must be taken seriously in my work.

I used to live in combat boots and concert T-shirts. I miss that, it was easy, cheap, and felt great!

3. When you get dressed in the morning, do you think "what should I wear to work" or "what should I wear for the blog"?

I'm using the blog to prompt me to pull it together a bit better than I had been. So I suppose the answer is both.

4. Do professionals you interact with ever make comments about your clothing choices?

Not much-- most of the professionals I interact with are men. Occasionally one of the secretaries might make a comment.

5. Some bloggers openly admit to wearing outfits only for the blog post. What's your opinion on that?

For some, I suppose it's OK. It depends on the goal of the blog. For some, it's about experimentation. But I usually prefer the blogs that are about finding ways to perk up one's real-life look.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that it's hard to find suits that fit the same because the majority of women are not the same size on the top and bottom. That's why I either look for pants and jackets that may match but are not sold together and have different sizes or I tailor the pants to fit me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My problem is that I'm bottom-heavy, so if the pants fit the jacket is always way too big. It's also near-impossible for me to find any jacket that fits both in the shoulders and around my hips. And that I'm not allergic to. When I find that workwear unicorn... I buy it without looking at the price tag!

    ReplyDelete