Pages

DJ/Radio Producer-turned-Lawyer attempts to dress like a grown-up. Sometimes I comically fail. And I occasionally post fun stuff, like music videos, book-club reviews, or photos of beauty or oddity.
FYI: I was doing this entire blog from my Android phone, snatching moments out of my busy life for quick photos. But I hate auto-correct with a purple passion, so now I'm using the computer for most of the work. I am still using my phone for the photos, though. My photo sizes may be erratic, and the quality isn't stellar. I am not a professional blogger, and do not have time for lots of scenic poses with a great camera. I don't even own a great camera! However, I DO appreciate your continued feedback, even in the absence of photographic artistry.

Friday, November 5, 2010

Friend Friday and 30/30 Challenge

From ModlyChic:

1. The move to do away with soap, shampoo and deodorant has been growing in popularity in the last year. What are your thoughts on this trend?

If I go for much more than 24 hours without washing, my hair look oily and my head starts to itch.

And the only deodorant I've found that works well on me is the clinical strength ones. I would just get too swampy, more on one side than the other with the regular kind. I tried that crystal stick, but it didn't work well on me at all, and it just started to smell like the B.O. I was trying to get rid of.

And there are many people who think they are getting by doing with no shampoo and deodorant "alternatives". They are not. I can often smell/see it. I just don't say anything because it would be rude.

For those who truly can get by with less, and there are some-- good for you! I would love some of my morning "prep time" back to use for sleeping!

2. Be honest: how often do you wash your own hair?

Every day. Unless I'm feeling like I want a "grungy day", then I might skip a shower. That's pretty rare, though.

3. Have you tried to go the more natural route by forgoing shampoo? What happened? Or would you be tempted to try it?

Heck no. Nor will I.

4. What products do you use and have you ever gone with more organic alternatives?

I use Bed Head "Brunette Goddess" shampoo and conditioner. When I regularly used cheaper shampoo, my ends would get crunchy quicker. I think they were getting dried out.

I haven't tried anything organic, probably because of the cost factor. If I got some samples to try out, I's give it a chance. But I don't like blowing perfectly good money on failed experiments.

5. What about that daily shower? Would you forgo that opting to shower three times a week instead?

No way. I itch. I don't even feel right if I take a shower at night, then just go to work in the morning.

Like Freeda says "I don't harp about it, but I do thrift for ecological reasons as much as financial, and donate rather than throw away... I'd really like for me looking cute to not cost Mother Earth anything."

But I'm not going to go unwashed, smelly, and itchy. Or badly dressed


NEXT item on the agenda:

Kendi Everyday is starting the 30 for 30 challenge. 30 days, 30 clothing items to mix and remix, no shopping allowed.

Are you going to do it?

I think it's a great idea, but I'm going to have to sit this out. Because I'm actively dieting, I'm on the edge of going down a size. Which would likely happen *fingers crossed* before the 30 days are up.

Because the challenge requires preselection, I don't think it will work for me now because the second something fits again- I'm putting it into the rotation! I will first shop my basement, but will probably have to shop a little to fill in the gaps.

So to those who are doing it: Good Luck!

I'm betting my last 30 outfit posts probably fit the criteria. If I have nothing to do later, maybe I'll count them up to see....

No comments:

Post a Comment