Pages

DJ/Radio Producer-turned-Lawyer attempts to dress like a grown-up. Sometimes I comically fail. And I occasionally post fun stuff, like music videos, book-club reviews, or photos of beauty or oddity.
FYI: I was doing this entire blog from my Android phone, snatching moments out of my busy life for quick photos. But I hate auto-correct with a purple passion, so now I'm using the computer for most of the work. I am still using my phone for the photos, though. My photo sizes may be erratic, and the quality isn't stellar. I am not a professional blogger, and do not have time for lots of scenic poses with a great camera. I don't even own a great camera! However, I DO appreciate your continued feedback, even in the absence of photographic artistry.

Friday, January 21, 2011

New jacket!

Just got it back from the tailor and the cleaners:



It goes well with my navy pants, and I just love this subtle plaid!



I wasn't sure it the scarf would be good over the turtleneck sweater, but I decided to chance it. And I know the colors don't quite match, but I thought it might pass. Verdicts?

I know I was going to tie scarves looser around my neck, but this outfit seemed to beg for a "cravat" style wearing....

Have I mentioned my tailor is a genius? She had a bit of work to do to make this consignment shop find wearable by yours truly. Dart and bust work to start:



It's also been shortened a little, and a chunk of fabric taken out of the back to accommodate the booty:



Jacket: Amanda Smith Suits via consignment shop
Sweater: VanHusen outlet
Pants: Lane Bryant
Scarf: Limited

3 comments:

  1. What a great jacket! I like the way you tied the scarf...it looks very nice and the colours look great together. P.S. I also liked yesterdays dress...you looked beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tailor is a saint. You should send her flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I send her business... I try to, anyway!

    ReplyDelete