DJ/Radio Producer-turned-Lawyer attempts to dress like a grown-up. Sometimes I comically fail. And I occasionally post fun stuff, like music videos, book-club reviews, or photos of beauty or oddity.
FYI: I was doing this entire blog from my Android phone, snatching moments out of my busy life for quick photos. But I hate auto-correct with a purple passion, so now I'm using the computer for most of the work. I am still using my phone for the photos, though. My photo sizes may be erratic, and the quality isn't stellar. I am not a professional blogger, and do not have time for lots of scenic poses with a great camera. I don't even own a great camera! However, I DO appreciate your continued feedback, even in the absence of photographic artistry.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

New jewelry!

Today seems to be somewhat less than a screaming success:



While I was pajama-shopping for my medical leave, I scooped up a bunch of jewelry dirt-cheap on mega-clearance at Fashion Bug. Here's a sneak preview:



I'm looking forward to playing with my new toys. High-quality... no. But I'm relaxing my former snobbishness. For a long time, I only wore "real" jewelry. Lots of silver and semi-precious stones. But now my fellow bloggers must be rubbing off on me!

This necklace really fascinated me:



I don't think I styled it very well, though:



The neckline of this shirt doesn't show enough of the necklace. And I'm not sure if pairing it with that print was too much. Earrings... I was stumped. I tossed on my black glass teardrops, but I'm not sure they went with the rest of this mess all that well. I just couldn't think of anything else.

When I get an outfit really right, I get compliments at work. None today! :(

Ideas?

Oh... and the snow and cold came roaring right back. I was definitely underdressed, and freezing all day!

Top: Alfani from Macy's
Jacket: Great Cavalier via Tallman's in Painted Post, NY
Pants: Lane Bryant
Earrings: Corning Museum of Glass gift shop
Necklace: Fashion Bug

6 comments:

  1. Love the necklace! I think this wasn't a bad way to style it, just maybe let it show a little more. I do think it works well with prints though!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the great comments, buddy. And, yes, I'd love to ride up and see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That necklace is the coolest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I love the necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the array of new costume jewelry! I like variety, and unless you're rolling in cash, this isn't really feasible. So instead I like to throw on new costume jewelry that is affordable and allows for a good selection. I like what you have in your pile, especially the long earrings and the necklace you have on!

    ReplyDelete