Pages

DJ/Radio Producer-turned-Lawyer attempts to dress like a grown-up. Sometimes I comically fail. And I occasionally post fun stuff, like music videos, book-club reviews, or photos of beauty or oddity.
FYI: I was doing this entire blog from my Android phone, snatching moments out of my busy life for quick photos. But I hate auto-correct with a purple passion, so now I'm using the computer for most of the work. I am still using my phone for the photos, though. My photo sizes may be erratic, and the quality isn't stellar. I am not a professional blogger, and do not have time for lots of scenic poses with a great camera. I don't even own a great camera! However, I DO appreciate your continued feedback, even in the absence of photographic artistry.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

More new shoes and borrowed finery

Tuesday's outfit:



Hubby walked behind me at just the right time... his blue shirt is a bonus:



Said "borrowed finery" from India, of course:



I love them. They need to live at my house. But I will be good, and return them to their rightful owner. Soon. Ish.

I was hoping the beige threads in the jacket would "read" white to better go with my top. I suppose I was mistaken:



The idea was to contrast the ethnic jewelry with the preppy plaid and funky shoes... a genre-mix, as it were. Did I pull it off?

I bought these after my first foot surgery in February as a celebration, even though I knew I couldn't actually wear them until fall:



The choice was inspired by Sheila's many funky shoes, especially her extensive Fluevog collection. Mine are Bass, but I thought they were a bit more fun than the usual selection at the outlet store near me. So I snapped them up, even having no immediate use for them... contrary to the advice given on every fashion and home show ever. The advice gods must be spinning in their collective graves!

Top: Cable & Gauge via Stein Mart
Jacket: Amanda Smith via consignment shop
Pants: Lane Bryant
Shoes: Bass
Earrings: borrowed from a friend

6 comments:

  1. Shoes are really cute and I love the earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those earrings are breathtaking! If only you didn't have to return them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, LD, you pulled it off, very nice! Those earrings are so stunning - maybe you can ask for some for your next personal holiday? : >

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shoes are really cute and the earrings, oh my how beautiful they are. I would love some like those too! I am not even big on wearing much in the way of earrings, but those beauties are super fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The earrings are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete