Pages

DJ/Radio Producer-turned-Lawyer attempts to dress like a grown-up. Sometimes I comically fail. And I occasionally post fun stuff, like music videos, book-club reviews, or photos of beauty or oddity.
FYI: I was doing this entire blog from my Android phone, snatching moments out of my busy life for quick photos. But I hate auto-correct with a purple passion, so now I'm using the computer for most of the work. I am still using my phone for the photos, though. My photo sizes may be erratic, and the quality isn't stellar. I am not a professional blogger, and do not have time for lots of scenic poses with a great camera. I don't even own a great camera! However, I DO appreciate your continued feedback, even in the absence of photographic artistry.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Shopping Queens

My trip to Queens over the weekend netted a few goodies for me! I sifted through much of the fabulous tackiness on offer to glean a few gems. First, I picked up these huge splashy earrings. Freeda approved via SMS:



Does anybody know how to keep these from dragging my earlobe down? I look like someone out of National Geographic! They don't let you try them on in the store, and I don't normally buy very large earrings... so the Buddha-earlobe look is a bit disconcerting....

I fell in love with this purple in two different shoe styles… after much hemming and hawing, and with Shybiker's help, I went with the ballet flats as more practical and less likely to result in additional ankle sprains. Mine have been sprained so many times that they fold like sheets! I'm nuts over the toe detail:



So how did I pull this all together? With brown nubby pants:



I also finally tried a UV gel manicure at home. The products worked just fine, but my technique needs improvement:



Hopefully, the cost-saving measure of doing my own nails will become more effective... then I will have more money for colored shoes!

Top: White Stag via Goodwill
Jacket: 600 West via Dunkleberger's in Stroudsburg, PA
Pants: Lane Bryant
Earrings: via Peony Fashions in Forest Hils, NY
Shoes: from Aerosoles store in Forest Hills, NY

10 comments:

  1. Awwwman those flats are so cool. The harness detail is so badass. I wish my heels weren't so slim. I slip out of ballet flats. The nails turned out great, love how they match your jacket.

    I couldn't find an email for you so
    Re obi belt: I think you look amazing in blues and purples, but ultimately I think choosing an obi belt is what you want to wear it with. I can go over it with you via email (ecc3ntriccynic[at]gmail[dot]com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great color for you. I really love the shoes too. Nice that you had Shybiker to act as your personal consultant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful earrings! I love the purple tones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. unfortunately as someone who has no earlobes (mine are attached) i can't give you any recommendation! i do however, love all the colors you are wearing. i want your burgundy shoes! i'm not following - hope you follow back! xx sylvie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen those shoes before -- in person! Smart choice.

    And the earrings are great. You can avoid the hanging problem by doing daily ear calisthetics. One, two, three, one, two, three... (Just kidding!)

    The nails came out nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look awesome sissy!

    For the earring issue, try those earring backs you buy separately where they are a regular back but have a big plastic disc. It kind of distributes the weight a bit more and is more stable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coincidentally, my post is about my nails! I'm finally learning to do my own manicures and do a halfway decent job.

    Purple is my favorite color, so I love everything about this post. You look lovely in the outfit (your skin/complexion is so pretty!), and I see nothing wrong with the photography! Stop by and say hello!

    Cindy at Notes in the Key of Life
    I'm giving away a beautiful Soft Surroundings top!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love those new flats, and I think your nails look great! Thanks for linking up and sharing your finds with Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so good in purple. Love those shoes!

    ReplyDelete