Pages

DJ/Radio Producer-turned-Lawyer attempts to dress like a grown-up. Sometimes I comically fail. And I occasionally post fun stuff, like music videos, book-club reviews, or photos of beauty or oddity.
FYI: I was doing this entire blog from my Android phone, snatching moments out of my busy life for quick photos. But I hate auto-correct with a purple passion, so now I'm using the computer for most of the work. I am still using my phone for the photos, though. My photo sizes may be erratic, and the quality isn't stellar. I am not a professional blogger, and do not have time for lots of scenic poses with a great camera. I don't even own a great camera! However, I DO appreciate your continued feedback, even in the absence of photographic artistry.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Mrs. Groder

I'm on Day 3 of wearing these pants... a new record! I usually wear pants two times before washing, usually two days in a row because I don't have much of a place to put "semi-clean" clothes. But for this week, I actually wore the same exact outfit Monday and Tuesday.

But only because I was at work for less than four hours on Monday. So the outfit was perfectly good for another day. I looked better on Monday, but didn't get a blog shot until Tuesday:

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Note to self: get bangs trimmed!

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

I liked the idea of the beige-ish "pearls" in the hair flower with the ones in the jewelry set. I couldn't find the earrings to photograph them tonight, but they match the beige-ish "pearls" in the necklace:

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Wednesday was my true "groder" day. My phone, which doubles as my alarm clock, ran out of juice-- so I didn't wake up until I was already over two hours late for work! Even worse: my boss had to cover a court appearance when nobody could reach me! No time to shower... I hate that stale, unwashed feeling *shudder*.

I gave myself a quick pass with wipes, and I am soo glad I have backup grooming supplies in my desk. But I forgot that these reds don't match:

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Not easy to tell in this photo... shot in the mirror at work at about 8:30 this evening. Yep, I actually more than made up the time I missed this morning. I actually prefer to do my video conferences with my jailed clients after hours, so I don't get interrupted by other stuff.

My hair is cracking me up! Can you tell that I wore a wet ponytail yesterday?

I just grabbed basic earrings for the day... didn't exactly have time to get clever with accessories!

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Along with the pants, I also wore the same jacket and shoes all three days this week:

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Not winning any originality points this week, that's for sure! But I'm mostly clean, and dressed appropriately for work... I'm not expecting much from myself right now. I'm just going to concentrate on the basics right now. Hubby is still in a lot of pain, and can't help with much at the moment.

Between laid-up Hubby, tons of work, and a felony trial in less than two weeks... clever styling, sensible diet, and exercise have flown out the window! But I'm still going to try to blog as I can manage.

Sweaters: VanHeusen outlet
Jacket: VanHeusen outlet
Pants: Lane Bryant
Hair flower: via art fair in Hammondsport, NY
Hoop earrings: via JC Penney
Jewelry set: via Bon Ton
Shoes: Aerosoles

5 comments:

  1. i thought the reds matched well. i like the hair in that outfit too. pretty necklace as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely, and I like the reds combination, they look much more fun like that! Beautiful accessories ;)
    Thank you so much for stopping by, hope you're having a nice day and have a wonderful week ahead<3

    x♥x♥

    "Saúde & Beleza - Health & Beauty"




    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, we all have weeks like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw no! Freeda is right, we all have weeks like that. Just try to take it in stride.

    I almost always wear my pants at least 2-3 times before washing, especially if I don't go a lot of places/get dirty. I just make sure to air them out.

    ReplyDelete