Pages

DJ/Radio Producer-turned-Lawyer attempts to dress like a grown-up. Sometimes I comically fail. And I occasionally post fun stuff, like music videos, book-club reviews, or photos of beauty or oddity.
FYI: I was doing this entire blog from my Android phone, snatching moments out of my busy life for quick photos. But I hate auto-correct with a purple passion, so now I'm using the computer for most of the work. I am still using my phone for the photos, though. My photo sizes may be erratic, and the quality isn't stellar. I am not a professional blogger, and do not have time for lots of scenic poses with a great camera. I don't even own a great camera! However, I DO appreciate your continued feedback, even in the absence of photographic artistry.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

I'm Blue (Da Ba Dee)

Wednesday's challenge theme: "Be Blue". Which instantly brought to mind this old club track:



Be Blue ba da bee blah blah blah... That track was playing in every club when I was in law school. As I was dressing Wednesday morning, it kept running through my head. So now I'm passing that on to you :-D I'm pretty sure I still have it on CD somewhere....

But back to the challenge... I picked up this knit jacket at the Fashion Bug closeout sale, and decided to debut it for the theme:

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

I stopped at the fabric store and picked up some shoulder pads, which I hope to install this weekend. I think I'm going to move the buttons to reduce pulling at the hips, too.

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

The necklace colors were a bit closer to the jacket's that this pic makes it appear:

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

I thought my octagonal hoops would be more appropro than regular ones. I lost one, and it took the store months to locate a second pair for me. I'm glad they came through, though!

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

I just went with plan black flats to avoid the previous day's flooded look, and to keep from distracting from where it was intended... the blue jacket and necklace.

I added a silver-tone clip in my hair to echo the jewelry:

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

I got a lot of compliments on this outfit at work and from Hubby.

Jacket: Fashion Bug
Pants: Lane Bryant
Shoes: Nine West via garage sale
Necklace: random store in Bayeux, France
Earrings: Gold Mine in Bath, NY
Hair clip: made by me with Michael's materials

3 comments:

  1. Great Post!

    Omg haha I remember this song !
    I loved it back in the day :P

    Have a great weekend !

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful color on you. Love the necklace and hoops.

    ReplyDelete