Pages

DJ/Radio Producer-turned-Lawyer attempts to dress like a grown-up. Sometimes I comically fail. And I occasionally post fun stuff, like music videos, book-club reviews, or photos of beauty or oddity.
FYI: I was doing this entire blog from my Android phone, snatching moments out of my busy life for quick photos. But I hate auto-correct with a purple passion, so now I'm using the computer for most of the work. I am still using my phone for the photos, though. My photo sizes may be erratic, and the quality isn't stellar. I am not a professional blogger, and do not have time for lots of scenic poses with a great camera. I don't even own a great camera! However, I DO appreciate your continued feedback, even in the absence of photographic artistry.

Monday, November 1, 2010

September Recap- a month late

Because I only just decided to cave in to peer pressure and just do it. Really, because its been highly educational (and amusing/horrifying) for me to look through my posts.

I'm (mostly) only going to recap the good. For the trainwrecks, you will just have to go through the posts yourself- I'm not reliving that horror!

I called this post "Oompa Loompa" because the camera angle made my legs look stumpy:



Not a great photo, but the outfit is good. I wore it once a week all summer, but didn't wear a necklace because it was too stinking hot! I did get a comment that my feet disappear under the pantlegs. I'm hoping to remedy that issue once I get my other brown shoes back from my podiatrist.

The controversial sweater from "Taking my lumps":



It seems the only time anyone likes it is over a collared shirt. Upon review, I concur. I really need a good black jacket. Same photo issue with the legs, but my face looks good in this one, at least. I often don't photograph well.

I just love this top from "You could be struck blind", but it looked better with the jacket on because it was a bit tight in back:



I have got to get Snookums to send me that necklace (that matches my earrings)! It looks a little bare....

My most daring outfit "Experiment", where I stepped the furthest out of my comfort zone (with some success):



The only thing that kept this outfit from becomming legendary was the weird fabric of the pants, which kept stretching and bagging out through the day. I still have to let Lane Bryant know about my extreme dissatisfaction.

September was my first month blogging and analyzing my work wardrobe. I see a lot of room for improvement in accessorizing and remixing items. But that's why I'm here, right?

For blogging issues, it took me a few posts to get my photo borders consistent. I also started taking more closeups for accessories and fabrics, tried to improve camera angles, and got better with cropping.

2 comments:

  1. I really like that plaid jacket too... do you own a red blouse or top? It would look awesome under that jacket. Love the recaps... I'm gonna go now and comment on October! ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. The black and white plaid is my fave. It would look great with a pencil or a-line skirt. Cute!
    Thanks for stopping by my site earlier!
    www.snappyandsavvy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete